In ancient time “our first moon time, our menstrual cycle, our period” was a time of celebration as our ancestors before us were deeply connected with the wisdom of their bodies and the lunar cycles of the moon. Our modern disconnection has brought self doubt, fear and shame.
After holding a beautiful, sacred space for the women in my circle this year, during the Maiden Rites of Grainne, I am now offering this to both Mothers and their Daughters. You can choose to join in a group on the next date as advertised or alternatively you can choose to join with your female friends, maybe even your daughter’s friends and their Mams.
By sharing my own experience of my first period, it became clear I was not alone. This ceremony was a poignant moment for me, speaking the unspoken word “period” was such a huge sense of freedom and relief. This too was expressed by the courageous women in my circle.
It is an opportunity to reclaim and restore any of our power lost in shame, pain or guilt during this time, of our “moon time” – my new word that I love now to say! To support our daughters in their 1st moon time, empowering, grounding and centering them, I am offering a special 2 for 1 when booking a mother and daughter.
If this is calling you as a Mother, Grandmother, Auntie, Godmother or female guardian and you are drawn to join, then that is the nudge to follow.
- Welcoming you all energetically as we open this sacred space.
- A cleansing : an energetic cleanse letting go of any energetic blocks to allow our energy to flow.
- Introduction to the moon and what it symbolize to be a woman.
- Story of Goddess Grainne. She embodies the bright young vibrancy of ‘I-can-do-anything’ feisty energy.
- Opportunity to create how we would have liked our first moon time honoured.
- Gifting of the Maiden rites of Grainne to you, then your daughter.
- Fire ceremony : an opportunity to let go / welcome in any aspect you now wish to.